If you haven’t already tried this tool and you build websites or web apps for mobile then you should definitely check this out. It will make your life so much easier.
What’s new in this release:
- Localhost URL support – now you can test localhost, 127.0.0.1, and machine.local (for Mac OS X) URLs instead of using the IP address of your desktop device
- Adobe Edge integration – the Preview command from Adobe Edge works with Adobe Shadow
- HTTP Authentication Support – you can navigate to URLs that require HTTP Authentication (you will see the login form on the mobile devices). It works also with URLs that contain the login information - http://login:email@example.com
- Support for the latest iPad (retina display)
- Support for working with sticky caches – you can perform a gesture on the mobile devices to force Shadow to load the latest resources (tap on the page, hold, and pull down until you see the “Release to refresh…” message)
- Amazon Kindle Fire version will be soon available for download in store
- URL Monitoring – if your website/web app uses # to change the state, now it will work with Shadow
If you want to stay updated with what’s happening with Shadow make sure you follow the team blog.
Now go and make sure you update your desktop app, Chrome extension, and iOS/Android clients. Enjoy!