We just released Flash Player 10.3 for desktop and mobile devices (including support for Android 3.1). You can download the desktop player from here, and for Android devices, just go to Android Market on your device.
What’s new in this version? Here are the main things:
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation – this is one of the coolest features, because you can now create high quality collaborative or chat apps that deliver excellent sound quality without a headset. Now, Flash Player 10.3 supports acoustic echo cancellation, noise suppression, voice activity detection, and automatic compensation for various mic input levels.
- Integration with browser privacy controls for managing local storage – Flash Player 10.3 integrates the controls for local storage with the browser’s privacy settings in Firefox 4, IE 8 or higher, and future release of Safari and Chrome.
- Native Control Panel – you can access the Flash Player privacy, security, and storage settings right from the Control Panel/System Preferences of your computer (Windows, Mac, and Linux).
- Media Measurement – this feature enables companies to understand how their videos are distributed and consumed and to collect this data in real-time. There is a new set of open APIs that can be used to implement video analytics.
- Auto-Update Notifications for Mac OS – support for automatic notifications of Flash Player updates on Mac OS.
This is not the only thing we launched today. If you go to the Adobe Labs you’ll find a new release of a preview version of Flash Player that has these features:
- Stage 3D (AKA “Molehill”) – 3D Hardware accelerated 3D API
- G.711 audio compression for telephony
- H.264/AVC SW Encode for camera encoding
- Socket Progress Events
- Pause/sleep/resume Events
- Secure random number generator
- TLS (Transport Layer Security) sockets
- TLS socket policy file
No go and install these and have lots of fun!