We’ve just launched Adobe AIR Launchpad: an AIR application that can speed up your AIR development.
How does AIR Launchpad help you? Here is a list of some of the features:
- It creates the folder structure for an AIR application ready to compile with the settings you want it. For example, if you want to use auto update feature, then it will create the server side folder and files needed for this feature to work. If you’ve done AIR development you know that most the configuration options you need to set are stored inside of an XML file. Well, this application provides a user interface for setting these options. So it makes it easier to set up the icons used by the app, default width/height, or making the app transparent.
- It creates an install badge if you need one (you can provide the image you want to be used).
- It helps you to hook up listeners for events like Activation/Deactivation, Close event, Global Error.
- It generates sample code for tasks like: Drag/Drop, Local Databases, Using Windows, HTML Component, Native Process, and many more.
- It can create a ZIP file with all these folders/files so you can import this ZIP in Flash Builder and continue the working on the application using this IDE.
Here are some screenshots:
You can get this application from here.